2018 Mazda CX-9 GT: Vehicle of the MonthSep 30th, 2018
If you are tired of the box-shaped crossover SUV’s, expect to be pleasantly surprised by the new 2018 Mazda CX-9 GT. The best driving enthusiast will happily get behind the wheel of a CX-9. As a modern crossover SUV, it delivers everything it promises and then some! It excels at performance and fuel efficiency. The CX-9 GT has a turbocharged four-cylinder engine and offers three rows of comfortable seating in a seemingly compact design. The CX-9 GT is an excellent choice for those looking for a good upgrade on their family vehicle. It comes with a sporty driving experience that a few affordable crossovers offer in the same price tag. Mazda Inc. has seen a 5.7% increase in their sales in Canada in 2018 thanks to its top-of-the-line crossovers and SUVs with ultimate performance and reasonable price and the new CX-9 doesn’t disappoint its fans.
What’s New in the 2018 Mazda CX-9 GT?
Mazda included a few impressive upgrades in the new CX-9 GT, a new tall nose feature, delicate grille, tapered fenders, new interior, upgraded powertrain and a dramatic roofline for an SUV. The new infotainment system is much better than the previous models. The materials used in the interior are upscale, classy and expensive. The grille has gorgeous LED background lighting with rear pillars arching upwards. The CX-9 has a stylish and athletic look. It comes with an upgraded interior trim and an
independent front suspension, MacPherson Strut type with coil springs and stabilizer bar. CX-9 offers some interesting driver safety aids such as the frontal collision warning, lane departure intervention, and mitigation. Some models have the premium Bose Audio music system that will be a definite favorite for music enthusiasts. Some of the best features of the 2018 Mazda CX-9 GT are:
- Horsepower SAE net 250 @ 5,000 rpm (with 93 octane fuel) – 227 @ 5,000 rpm (with 87 octane fuel)
- Torque SAE net lb-ft. 310 @ 2,000 rpm
- Front seatbelt ELR pretensioners
- Technology, including 9 channels of customized equalization and Surround Stage Signal Processing
- Integrated rear seat child safety seat lower anchors & upper tethers
- 3-point safety belts for all occupants
- Traffic Sign Recognition System (TSR)
- Displacement 2,488 cc
- Fuel system Direct injection
- Dynamic Stability Control
- Rack and pinion steering type with engine-rpm-sensing variable power assist
- 320 mm ventilated front discs – 325 mm solid rear discs
- i-ACTIV AWD All-Wheel Drive
- Child-safety rear door locks
- SKYACTIV-G 2.5 T 4-cylinder with Dynamic Pressure Turbo (DPT) DOHC 16-Valve Engine
- Smart City Brake Support
- Steering ratio 17.6: 1
- Brakes Power-assisted with dual diagonal hydraulic circuits
- High tech navigation system
Drivability and Comfort
Those who love an SUV that’s sporty and feisty will definitely have a fun drive with the new 2018 Mazda CX-9 GT. The new CX-9 comes with an Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) with Electronic Brake Force Distribution (EBFD) and a 6-speed SKYACTIV-Drive automatic transmission with manual-shift mode makes this SUV fun ride. The independent rear suspension, together with the Multi-Link type, coil springs, and stabilizer bar, keeps the SUV well-balanced. With so many impressive features and upgrades, the CX-9 gives a smooth performance in different driving conditions. It moves quickly as soon as you press down on the accelerator. The pedal itself is smooth and very easy to regulate and control.
The Bottom Line
The 2018 Mazda CX-9 GT is one of the bestselling SUV models. Everything about the CX-9 is perfect when compared with other SUVs in the similar price range. A good interior, impressive powertrain, and excellent drivability make it a top choice for a family but sporty SUV. For further information on how to get behind the wheel of one of these vehicles get in touch with Kanata Mazda.